Examples of completed financial assignments include:
City of Abbotsford:Examine alternate business strategies for developing a 3,000 sq.ft. wellness center at the Abbotsford Recreation Centre.
City of Burnaby:Analysis of redevelopment and rental housing replacement opportunities for the Maywood residential area (south of and adjacent to Metrotown Town Centre).
City of Chilliwack:Case study financial analyses to test redevelopment opportunities in downtown Chilliwack.
City of Coquitlam:
- Financial assessment of developer proposal to acquire City lands for twin tower residential development.
- Financial analyses of low-rise vs. mid-rise vs. high-rise architectural concepts for redevelopment of Maillardville village.
- Review of Town Centre C-4 zoning bylaw including assessment of potential for and implications of increasing FSR from 3.5 to 4.0.
- Financial testing of architectural concepts for Maillardville redevelopment. (focus on mid-rise residential and commercial development).
- Review and recommend financial models for bonus density and amenity charges for new residential and commercial development.
- Financial analysis and and development strategies for the Delahaye lands in north Coquitlam.
- Valuation of City surplus lands.
- Sportsfield tournament site selection and economic impact analyse.
City of Kelowna:Financial analyses of proposed changes to the City's C-7 Zoning Bylaw.
City of Langley:Case study financial analyses to test redevelopment opportunities in downtown Langley.
City of New Westminster:
- Review economic viability of Larco Development's 1,000 unit, 5 tower Fraser River waterfront project and its ability to support public amenity payments.
- Review developer proposal for St. Mary's Hospital site and assess its ability to support public amenity payments.
- Financial and land valuation analyses for Lower 12th Avenue Area Plan.
City of North Vancouver:Assessment of development potential for City owned lands in Lower Lonsdale.
City of Port Moody:
- Business plan for community recreation centre (curling rink, ice arena, gyms, multi-purpose rooms, administrative offices). Involved assessment of funding strategies, including P-3 strategies, to generate revenues to assist in project funding.
- Land valuation for 100 acre park site on the City's North Shore; development opportunities study for residential, commercial, industrial, hotel, marina uses for waterfront lands on south side of Burrard Inlet.
City of Richmond:
- Parks Recreation and Cultural Services Division: valuation of 150+ acres of City Centre lands designated for future park use.
- Funding strategies for development of new No. 1 Firehall, Community Safety Building and Town Centre community centre.
- Financial analysis of P-3 development opportunities to fund a 35,000 sq.ft. Town Centre community centre and 30,000 senior citizen's centre.
City of Surrey:
- Assessment of revenue and partnership opportunities for Whalley Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
- Analysis of potential for food and beverage, retail, pro-shop, advertising, signage, office and other revenue sources at the Newton Wave Pool and Guildford Recreation Centre.
- Development opportunity study for a restaurant at Bear Creek Park.
- Business plan for artificial field
- Financial analyses and development strategies for 100,000 sq.ft. Learning and Discovery Centre, Cloverdale
- Business plan for Newton Community and Recreation Centre
- Commercial opportunities at Elgin Heritage Park, south Surrey.
- Examination of alternate development strategies, including P-3 strategies, to create a restaurant at Bear Creek Park at 88th Avenue and the King George Highway in Surrey.
- Investigation of potential to generate revenues from a massage therapy clinic at the Guildford Community and Recreation Centre. Compared merits of conventional approach of leasing space to the operator versus P-3 approach with the City and a massage therapy operator working together.
City of Vancouver, Property Endowment Fund:Analysis of the residential/commercial development potential for a 5 acre site located on the Grandview Highway between Kaslo and Slocan Streets.
City of Vernon:Financial analyses and taxpayer impact analysis for the development of a mixed use library, art gallery, museum and retail space on a block of downtown City lands.
City of Victoria:
- Review of developer proposal for the Dockside, an 800 unit residential, commercial and industrial development in Victoria Harbour.
- Test case financial analyses to examine the density of development (industrial, office, retail and residential land uses) required in the Alston, Tyee, Bay area adjacent to downtown Victoria.
- Real estate development economics for planners.
City of White Rock:Financial, land valuation and development strategy analyses to assess developer proposal for twin tower residential and commercial development on downtown City lands.
Corporation of Delta:
- Formulation of mutliple family bonus scheme for south Delta
- Review of proposed zoning bylaw changes for north Delta
- Evaluation of development potential for Ladner Race Track property
- Review economics of demolition, land clearing and construction waste sites on River Road
- Review potential to develop Ladner harbour waterfront for mixed residential, commercial retail, office and public amenity space.
Coquitlam School District:Evaluation of land use strategies for Terry Fox Secondary School site, Port Coquitlam (site accommodating new elementary school and residential development)
Cloverdale Senior's Housing Society:Financial analyses of development options for assisted living housing, Cloverdale.
Desert Wine Company Development Corporation:Financial analyses of a proposed $100 million destination Okanagan wine resort at Oliver, B.C.
District of Campbell River:Business plan to acquire the Middlepoint Marine Terminal from Transport Canada.
District of Invermere:Development opportunity study for mixed retail and institutional space (library and civic square) and prospects for development via public private partnership.
District of Hope:Strategies to attract residential development to the District of Hope.
District of Maple Ridge:Financial analyses to determine the viability of a proposed 3,500 unit residential development on the Silver Valley lands, Maple Ridge.
District of Mission:Feasibility study for a 40 acre industrial park on the Fraser River.
District of North Vancouver:Feasibility and development strategy study for Maplewood Business Park.
District of Port Hardy:Development strategy analyses and business plan for District's Seagate Wharf
District of Powell River:Business plan to acquire a tanker wharf and barge loading terminal from Transport Canada.
District of Sechelt:Financial analysis of alternate strategies to redevelop the Rockwood Centre, a centre for arts and culture in Sechelt. Development strategy analyses for redevelopment of downtown Block 7 lands for new city hall, library, RCMP offices and other municipal facilities.
District of Squamish:Market, financial and land valuation analyses for 80 acre Squamish Industrial Park.
District of Summerland:
- Valuation of 300 acres of District lands proposed for sale to a California developer building a 1,200 acre housing and destination golf resort in the District.
- Financial analyses and development strategies for the Wharton lands, a block of District lands in downtown Summerland.
District of West Vancouver:
- Business Plan for Capilano View Cemetery.
- Financial analyses of five development options for the Evelyn Drive lands, adjacent and to the south of Park Royal Shopping Centre.
- Financial analyses of development opportunities and strategies for the Ambleside commercial area.
- Financial analyses of development options for the Evelyn Drive lands, adjacent and to the south of Park Royal Shopping Centre.
Oliver and District Community Economic Development Society:Financial analyses to assess the potential to develop a destination wine village resort in downtown Oliver.
Town of Ladysmith:
- Financial and market analyses for development of 250 acre waterfront site owned by the Town of Ladysmith.
- Land valuation and analysis of disposition strategies (single family, townhouse and commercial development options) for 5 acre Town property.
Qualicum School District (69) and City of ParksvilleInvestigation of the potential for P-3 strategies to fund the development of new facilities for the Qualicum School Board, Parksville City Hall, Malaspina College and new Parksville library.
Town of Sidney:Business plan to acquire the Anacortes Ferry Terminal site from Transport Canada.
Village of Lake Cowichan and Brenda Bay Timber Co.:Market and financial analyses to assess the potential to develop a 300 acre resort and retirement development at Lake Cowichan, B.C.
Financial & ValuationPublic Private PartnershipsBusiness Plans & Corporate Strategic PlanningCommunity CharrettesEconomic Development AnalysesFeasibility StudiesFinancial Computer ModelingHighest-and-Best-Use AnalysesImpact Analyses for New DevelopmentInvestment & Land Value AnalysesLand Use PlanningMarket AnalysesProposal Calls